Installation Problem

Home Forums Problems Installation Problem

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DeeX 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Blissard

Hi,
    i have this Error Message when launch Arsenal

# Error: IndexError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2013\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\util\common.py line 25: string index out of range #

What’s wrong?

Thanks

DeeX

Hi,
    Do you can show me the full error ?

Do you can try this in the script editor in Python :

And tell me if you have an error ?

Thank you.

Blissard

This is a error when i execute : import pymel.core as pm and when execute arsenalUI.show same error

DeeX

Hi,
    If you have an error just with “import pymel.core as pymel”, it is a Maya installation error.
    PyMel is in Maya, DeeX VRay Arsenal uses PyMel.
    If PyMel does not work, DeeX VRay Arsenal does not work.

Perhaps it is plugin which gives you this error.

PyMel pre-load plugin :
    # pymel.core : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: DirectConnect, mayaHIK, AbcImport, tiffFloatReader, phoenixfd, VectorRender, gpuCache, rotateHelper, Substance, MayaMuscle, AutodeskPacketFile, fbxmaya, matrixNodes, ik2Bsolver, OpenEXRLoader, ikSpringSolver, Mayatomr, poseDeformer, AbcExport, poseReader, vrayformaya, CarbonScatter, quatNodes, mayaCharacterization, retargeterNodes #

Disable these plugins (disable and auto start off).
    Restart Maya and re-try the PyMel code.

Blissard

i’ve uninstalling Arnold e now working but batch render don’t start, because is a trial?

Thx

DeeX

Like the pricing/trial page show here “click here”
    You have to bought the full version to get batch render.

With 1 license, you have unlimited batch rendering.

Blissard

Hi Deex
    I purchased today the plugin, unfortunately the batch rendering doesn’t work, checking the forum I read a post where it says that arsenal does not work with maya 2013×64 and vray 2.3.

So there is no solution?
    Please give me good news

Thx

DeeX

Hi Blissard,
    Like the system page shows : http://arsenal.deex.info/wordpress/documentation/system/

DeeX VRay Arsenal do not works with the “official build” (VRay 2.20 and 2.30). You have to use a stable build (nightly build) or VRay 2.4.

To explain : the VRay official build from ChaosGroup (it is a very old build, more than 1 years and 6 months, the 2.3), has a serious bug which crashes the rendering when you import some PyMel commands on fly.
    This bug is corrected in nightlies builds (and in the official VRay 2.4, but ChaosGroup takes some time to released the 2.4).

So the solution is to do not use the VRay official build (2.3) but use a “nightly build”.
    A “nightly build” is a VRay build more “advanced”, with new features, corrected bugs.
    To have an access on “VRay nightly build”, send an email to : [email protected]
    You will have a an acces to “nigtlies builds”, news VRay features, and render your scene with batch render…;)

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  DeeX.

DeeX

And because you purchased the plugin, you have to download the “full version” (with batch render feature), and install it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DeeX VRay Arsenal is a plugin by Damien Bataille, alias DeeX, an independent TD.