issue with on-the-fly multi matte

Home Forums Problems issue with on-the-fly multi matte

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DeeX 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

calmasacow

Not sure if this is a bug or not. but if not I think it is a problem with workflow and something that should be addressed. In the on-the-fly mattes you are using the multi-matte render element. However for whatever reason that element is not getting added to the Vray system in maya. Not sure if this is intensional or not. but if so I think this is a very bad idea and opens up all kinds of problems. for one if someone opens up the scene on a system later that doesn’t not have Deex they are not going to see these elements. And will they even be rendered? I like your product but it also needs to maintain compatibility with the standard Vray/Maya workflow as well. the Deex panel should simply server as a simpler more intuitive interface and should pass everything it does to the Maya render setting panel.

DeeX

Hi,
    DeeX VRay Arsenal does not use multimatte, but user attributes created in the memory when VRay render your image.

Like the title told, it is “on the fly”. All the DeeX VRay Arsenal is on the fly, and this is the power of the tool.
    Why is it powerful ?
    Because with “one” node (a deex render pass node), you can setup a scene in one click (import/export). All datas are in this node. And when you render, VRay will read all datas in this node, and modified the render “on the fly”.

Here a situation :
    – you go to the “on fly control tab”, and enable —> light select —> automatic —> diffuse

When you will render your scene, VRay will render one diffuse lightSelect renderElement for each light.
    You made one click.
    Without DeeX VRay Arsenal, you have to create one lightSelect renderElement for each light, connect each light in one lightSelect renderElement.

Now you have another scene, and you want to do the same setup, but the lights are not the same.
    With DeeX VRay Arsenal, just export your “arsenal pass”, and import it in your other scene. Nothing more.
    Without, you have to re-create each lightSelect renderElement, connect each lights…

if someone opens up the scene on a system later that doesn’t not have Deex they are not going to see these elements. And will they even be rendered?

It is the same for all plugins. If you use a plugin (like VRayScatter, sOup, shave and haircut….), and give the scene to someone
    who haven’t the plugin, the scene will not render with the plugin.

calmasacow

It is the same for all plugins. If you use a plugin (like VRayScatter, sOup, shave and haircut….), and give the scene to someone
    who haven’t the plugin, the scene will not render with the plugin.

That is not entirely accurate. Before it was integrated and the MTK Nex was a very extensive modeling plugin that for all of its cool features applied them to Maya as Maya standard nodes. Just saying it could be done I understand that it would be a significant amount of work. But what you are saying basically makes this useless if I want to render on a render farm say that doesn’t use your plugin. Aside from doing standalone renders it make this plugin pretty useless. It really needs a way to publish to the scene in standard Vray/Maya nodes the changes that the Deex Arsenal is making. otherwise it is pretty much limited to stills and lookdev renders

DeeX

if I want to render on a render farm

DeeX VRay Arsenal is a rendering plugin.
    Like other rendering plugins (Shave and Haircut, Yeti, VRayScatter, ForestPack, Arnold, Renderman, VRay, MultiScatter, Real Flow Render Kit, Rail Clone Pro…), you need this rendering plugin to render your image, because these plugins are here to render your image (like DeeX VRay Arsenal), and not just “to do something in Maya”.

And as you can see here, many renderfarms have some plugins installed for all users, like :
    http://www.xlrender.com/renderfarm/plugins/
    http://www.renderrocket.com/features/#software
    http://www.foxrenderfarm.com/specs-software.html
    http://www.rebusfarm.net/en/lets-go/faq
    And more…

Keep in mind that 1 license of DeeX VRay Arsenal give you UNLIMITED Maya batchs render.
    If you use a particular renderfarm, i can contact them to install the plugin.

Aside from doing standalone renders it make this plugin pretty useless.

DeeX VRay Arsenal modified the standalone .vrscene on the fly.
    Currently, you have a solution to render on online renderfarm for free.
    Add the option in Maya to save your .vrscene, and you can render your VRay standalone scene everywhere without the plugin (if the renderfarm support VRay standalone rendering).

Do you need help to render with VRay standalone ?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  DeeX.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  DeeX.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DeeX VRay Arsenal is a plugin by Damien Bataille, alias DeeX, an independent TD.