On fly matte control won't render(or save) in Multilayer RXR

Home Forums Problems On fly matte control won't render(or save) in Multilayer RXR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nbyte

Hi all,
    I’ve created a on the fly matte with vray arsenal. In V-Ray VFB everthing is o.k. But when I batch render it in a multilayer EXR. There is no matte pass. If I render tiff matte pass is there.
    Is it not possible to render multilayer EXR?

Thanks
    Nico

DeeX

Hi Nbyte,
    Thanks for this report, i will add your request today and inform you when it is done.

DeeX.

DeeX

Hi Nbyte,
    I have tested with a simple scene here, and it works.
    But i have discovery a bug from VRay : if the lenght of your multimatte name is more than 29 characteres, VRay will not write correctly the multilayer EXR.

So, do you have a multimatte name with more than 29 characteres ?
    If no, the bug is somewhere else. Do you can send me a scene (a simple scene) where the bug is here ?

Thank you,
    DeeX

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by DeeX.
    nbyte

Hi DeeX,
    I have my scene at the office. I will test it again on monday and if the error stll exist – I send you a simple scene.
    I have to say that I’m working on maya 2014 (win x64) and a nightly build (I think 2.4 line) of vray. I will also try it with the new official build of vray for maya 2014.

Cheers
    Nbyte

nbyte

Hi DeeX,

i have updated maya today and the latest vray build for maya 2014.
    It seems to work now.
    Thank you for your help ….

Greets
    Nbyte

DeeX

Good to see that all is right.

DeeX

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DeeX VRay Arsenal is a plugin by Damien Bataille, alias DeeX, an independent TD.